Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enter property tax information for mortgage?

loudyf000
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

Amount paid into the impound/escrow account is not relevant.  If it's paid from the account, which the 1098 should show in Box 10, you will enter that under Deductions > Itemized Deductions (Sch A) > Real Estate Taxes, on the line for Principal residence [Adjust] (Click on button to expand).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
abctax55
Level 15

Your question is unclear.  Do you mean the property tax paid via an impound account?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

Amount paid into the impound/escrow account is not relevant.  If it's paid from the account, which the 1098 should show in Box 10, you will enter that under Deductions > Itemized Deductions (Sch A) > Real Estate Taxes, on the line for Principal residence [Adjust] (Click on button to expand).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
loudyf000
Level 1

Thank-you Itonewbie. Exactly the answer I was looking for.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

NP, @loudyf000!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Nice mind reading, Jensen.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

Still burning midnight oil for the Friday class but 1 out of 1,000 ain't bad for my record. 🙂

Still an AllStar