Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I clear diagnostic OH - Ref #49054

refereecpa
Level 1

1099-R: For electronic filing purposes, when there is an Ohio State Abbreviation entered, the following fields must be present: Ohio withholding, State ID, and state distribution amount.

For the 1099-R, I entered the state code (OH) and the the respective payer state number for box 15 in the e-file fields. Box 14, state tax withheld, is blank. Box 16 has a dollar value that I entered.

I tried using the override fields, but the diagnostic still isn't clearing. I've entered "-1" in the fields for box 14, 17, and 19. Still getting the diagnostic.

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

@IntuitGabi This has popped up a couple times recently.  It seems to be working for some but not others, even though users are all following the instructions to populate the required fields for electronic filing.  Could you please have your developers look into this and give us an update on how this can be resolved?  Many thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
LBJ-tax
Level 1

This 1099-R Ohio efile problem has readed its ugly head again with my ohio retired clients. They don't any withholding and even if I put 0.01 in the withholding box, it gives me the same error. Support says just paper file. That means 2x since Ohio won't accept SD efiled unless Ohio's is efiled so I'm thinking its time to change to another tax software. Any suggestions?

JGardner
Level 2

Agreed. This is the third year with this same ignorant error. I'm done and moving elsewhere. 

0 Cheers