Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I edit clients in client list (not even sure where the list came from)? Make inactive everyone and start over manually?

ddblack
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

You're right.  You can't delete clients in PTO, only make them inactive.  That would hide them from your Clients dashboard but there is a button for you to view inactive clients (and their returns) if you ever need to.

PTO, however, does allow returns to be deleted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

It is not possible that you do not know where your client list is coming from.  Except for a few sample returns, which are there by default when your account was created in case you need some practice (e.g. SAMPLE, INDIVIDUAL or BUSINESS SAMPLE), it will have only clients you created or clients of accounts to which you have access.

If you are able to make inactive a client, that must be a client you created under your own account or one that belongs to an account to which you have Master Admin rights.

In case you need this looked at, please contact Support when they open on Tue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
ddblack
Level 3

Thanks for the response.  Last year I was just testing out the software so I did just a few returns, some individual and some businesses.  So I put those clients into the list.  I don't know where the others came from; not from anything I did intentionally.  It may be that they came from my clients lists from email or contact lists.  Not sure.  But in trying to clean up that list, I apparently can't delete any clients.  Is that the case?  If I can't delete, does making them inactive accomplish the same effect?  Seems odd that there's no way to delete a client that I don't want to have there any longer.  

Anyway not the end of the world, just thought it was odd.

Thanks again.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You're right.  You can't delete clients in PTO, only make them inactive.  That would hide them from your Clients dashboard but there is a button for you to view inactive clients (and their returns) if you ever need to.

PTO, however, does allow returns to be deleted.

Still an AllStar
ddblack
Level 3

Okay.  Thanks for the clarifications.  Very helpful.  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

No problem, @ddblack!  Cheers!

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
jteelnm
Level 2

Email address is not showing up on 2 clients within ProConnect Client list.  All the rest of my clients emails show on the client listings.  How can I get the emails for these two clients email to show up at the client listings when I log into ProConnect

0 Cheers