Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I claim recovery Rebate Credit for eligible dependents in the 2020 tax return?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
abctax55
Level 15
Enter them on the dependent screen. Enter amounts already received, last spring and this year. Let the software do it's thing.... you'll either get more or nothing. If you got too much... you don't have to pay it back.
Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches

Thank you for the reply. However, I cannot enter amounts on the dependent screen. Could you plz advise where can i put this amount in Proconnect Tax? Thanks!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

If you mean the amounts of EIP #1 & # 2, those AMOUNTS are entered in the 'credit' screen (at least in Lacerte).  I don't use PTO, so you'll have to look for the data entry point.

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches

Solved! Thank you very much for the help!

qbteachmt
Level 15

Here is the Help article for ProConnect:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-1040/help/how-to-enter-stimulus-payments-and-figure-the...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Enter them on the dependent screen. Enter amounts already received, last spring and this year. Let the software do it's thing.... you'll either get more or nothing. If you got too much... you don't have to pay it back.

0 Cheers