Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, The system has a limitation for input numbers greater than 999,999,999 how can enter the numbers when using the functional currency when amounts are 11 digits?

pacellli_z
Level 2
This issue occurs in most of the schedules of form 5471 e.g. Sch Q, Sch I-1, etc
0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Unfortunately, I think these are your only options:

1. Use other software that is capable of handing more digits (and that software will likely be much more expensive).
  2. Manually fill out the form via a PDF from the IRS website and either (a) attach it as a PDF to the e-filed tax return or (b) mail it with the rest of the tax return.
pacellli_z
Level 2

Thank you for your answer. It's very unfortunate. I guess need to look for other software. Any recommendation ?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I could be wrong, but I don't think there are many options for software that handles a large number of digits.

Perhaps someone that uses Lacerte knows how many digits it can use - that would be the easiest learning curve for you because Lacerte is extremely similar to PTO.

UltraTax MIGHT.  But I'm not sure.

I know that ProSystem fx does (and likely Axcess), but those are extremely expensive software options.

pacellli_z
Level 2

Thank you

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Lacerte has the same limitation on number of digits. You can type in up to 13 digits, but you get a "value must be between -999,999,999 and 999,999,999" pop-up error.