Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good morning. How do you prepare a final 1120 for a dissolved corporation? It does not allow me to select the 23 tax year. YE is 12/31, dissolved 8/7/23

Thanks very much for your consideration
0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Two choices - 

Extend the return and file when the 2023 forms are ready.

or

Paper file using the 2022 forms by crossing off 2022 and manually writing 2023 on the forms.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

Wow.... echo, echo, echo 😉

I'd add that make sure you triple check ALL carryovers, and depreciation, and any tax law change implications.   

I suggest waiting for 2023 software if at 'all' possible.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

@abctax55 @IRonMaN there's also a chance that the actual tax rate may increase from the flat 21% to I believe 28% which they are proposing. While I doubt that this will happen, remember a couple of years or so ago the 15% tax bracket was eliminated and the flat 21% tax instituted. The 15% tax bracket I believe applied to taxable income under $50,000, I.E. it usually applied to small businesses. But small businesses got the shaft and it went from 15% to 21%, and I thought the politicians were always trying to help small businesses. What a joke.

abctax55
Level 15

@PATAX - O/T....we found out Juno's actual birthday (quite amazing, considering she's a rescue pup) and she turns ten tomorrow !  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

@abctax55 That's great news. Happy birthday to Juno!🐕🎂.... time flies. hard to believe that my Heidi turned 9 years old on June 6th. Seems like just yesterday she was a puppy. But she still acts like one,  This morning she was running up and down a crick splashing like a little puppy.