Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 2441 - qualified expenses in row 2

Hoosier61
Level 1

Can anyone suggest how to fix what is appearing in Form 2441, part II, row 2, column d for qualified expenses? The Form 2441 - Part II, 2 column d should = Part III, row 30 (row 30 is correct and has dependent care benefits adjusting it).   but  row 2d doesn't = on the form itself.   I don't want to change the input screen; then the credit is not calculating properly due to dependent care benefits in part III.

I noticed that both row 2d and row 16 pull from the dependent input screen.  If I reduce the amount in the dependent input screen for the dependent care benefits in row 12, then part II doesn't calculate properly and makes part of the dependent care taxable. 

If the wrong amount appears in row 2 d but everything else is correct, will this create a problem? Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
PatCatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Hello Hoosier.

Sounds like there are amounts entered that are affecting line 30 on page 2.  Those would have been entered in the General Information screen.

But the amount on row 2 is the amount of expenses that were paid during the year.   That can be different from what shows on line 30 of page 2 as the amount on line 28 reduces the line 2 amount.

However the amount on line 2 cannot be changed.  The 2441 is correct as it appears.

Regards,
Patrick Carroll 

0 Cheers