Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 1099-NEC

jottaxlady
Level 2

I am curious...what Form does the 1099-NEC info show up on? I found a spot for it but then I don't see it show up on any forms when I preview forms. Am I missing it somewhere?

1099-NEC.png

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

ProConnect only does 1099-MISC or NEC input on the 1099 input if there is withholding.

1099-NEC should be include with the Gross Receipts or sales on Schedule C. (or less good in the line above the next sentence as Other income subject to SE Tax)

1099-MISC would be a line SS Benefits, Alimony, Misc. Income > Other Income

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
jottaxlady
Level 2

Thank you very much.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

NEC can also end up on schedule F depending on circumstances.

jottaxlady
Level 2

Thank you for that info. The client did Art classes for a community program and received the 1099-NEC.

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

If she is in the business of giving art classes it would be schedule C.

(You should look up the definition of Business or Schedule C...It includes some wording like "regular and continuous activity" though that is not a direct quote.)

You can also go to the "other income" worksheet and enter the 1099-NEC and select which form to connect it to. (At least in Pro-Series, not sure about Pro Connect)

jottaxlady
Level 2

Thanks. She just started it last year for the first time but she says she will continue and expand to other community programs. 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"She just started it last year for the first time but she says she will continue and expand to other community programs."

Now is a great time to help the person understand W2 vs 1099-NEC, because a person in this line of work is likely to end up with both types of activities, and needs to keep the expense and mileage parts for each activity separated, because they only reportable for the 1099-NEC activities.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
jottaxlady
Level 2

Thank you. She is very good at keeping all her records separate but I will reiterate for good measures. 

0 Cheers