Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Asset Detail Button

LFCochrane
Level 1

Hello Boris,

I am trying to enter a sale of a rental property but when I click on the Fixed Asset detail button in the depreciation input page nothing happens 😞

-Louise

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
IntuitJim
Employee
Employee

Hi Louise! Try to shorten the asset name- if your name is too long, that may be creating an error. LMK if that works. 

0 Cheers
PatCatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Hello  Louise,

So this could occur if the description name is too long.   There is a character limitation.   

Please try to shorten the description name to below 35 characters.   See if that will work for you.

Regards,

Patrick Carroll

0 Cheers
LFCochrane
Level 1

Hello Jim,

I am having issues with recording a disposition of a rental property. When I go to the depreciation in put screen I press the specific fixed asset "details" screen and nothing opens.  Help please.

-Louise 

0 Cheers
IntuitJim
Employee
Employee

Make sure you have the date sold and in Miscellaneous screen | 1=Complete Disposition of Passive Activity. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-8949/help/complete-disposition-of-rental-activity-with-... 

0 Cheers
IntuitJim
Employee
Employee

Louise, sorry you are having an issue. Try 

1) shorten asset name to less than 35 characters,

2) refresh and clear cache, 

3) if that doesn't work, contact our Care team on the phone and they should be able to help. 

0 Cheers