Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Time user of Pro Connect. Two questions: 1) Form 4562; 2)Autom asset management?

bonnie1
Level 1

The Form 4562 within ProConnect, does it automatically figure the depreciation, or do I need to enter the data somewhere else? If yes, where do I enter? So far all I see is a question for prior year depreciation. So confused

2) I read that there is an automatic Asset Management system within ProConnect. If so where do I access that system/app?

3) (Added) Where do I enter carryover 179 expenses, and how do I enter 179 expenses. Does it transfer over from form 4562 somehow?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

1 It will do automatically, once you get it set up https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606400-how-do-i-generate-form-4562-for-depreciati...

2. ProConnect Tax online is NOT ProSeries and does not have an Asset Management system.

3. Depends on the type of return you are doing. In the client screen, near the top of the left column for input there is a search box. Use that for "179" and you should find the carryover for the specific form in question. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

1 It will do automatically, once you get it set up https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606400-how-do-i-generate-form-4562-for-depreciati...

2. ProConnect Tax online is NOT ProSeries and does not have an Asset Management system.

3. Depends on the type of return you are doing. In the client screen, near the top of the left column for input there is a search box. Use that for "179" and you should find the carryover for the specific form in question. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
l_whee
Level 1

I HAVE TRIED THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND CAN'T GET FOR 4562 TO POPULATE.  MY ASSET IS OVERRIDDEN ON SCHEDULE C, BECAUSE THAT WAS THE ONLY WAY I COULD GET IT ON SCHEDULE C. BUT 4562 IS A MYSTERY TO ME.  NO MATTER WHAT I DO IN PROCONNECT IT WON'T GENERATE THAT FORM. 

0 Cheers