Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended due date and how to enter the electronic payment date after 4/15?

SunnySpring
Level 3

IRS has announced that the tax filing due date is extended from April 15 to May 17, yet, the program still "forces" the entry of payment on or before 4/15, when I want to enter a date after 4/15.

How could the ProConnect program handle the extension of the due date?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

Let's see.... that announcement (of the May 17th extended date) was made yesterday around 2:00 p.m.

Do you think it is reasonable to expect the software to be updated within 30 hours?

I'm sure they'll get around to it, right after they do get the UCE update pushed out, then the F 1095-A 'non-repayment' change programmed.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
SunnySpring
Level 3

I am not talking about the date issue for 1095-A.

I just wanted to know when ProConnect is being updated to reflect the change of the due date, like it did for the adjustment to the Unemployment Compensation, just after the IRS announced that it would provide the worksheet for $10,200.  

Already a few of my clients started to ask me to enter a date for the tax payment after 4/15, and I merely wanted to do so, although the program didn't let me enter.  Even though the program was before the udpate, I just wondered why the entry of a date after 4/15 wouldn't be allowed.

I know it is a matter of timing, but then, you wouldn't have needed to comment on my inquiry, since you don't know when.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

delete.... I may just be done here.   For good.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers