Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when I try to go to file return- The screen to file your return could not be loaded at this time. Please try again,

user45724
Level 1
Is there a fix to it? I need the return tomorrow.
0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
abctax55
Level 15

Yeah, the "fix" is to try again per the message.

Did you?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
jroberts
Level 2

I tried multiple times for 2 days. Does anyone know what the issue is?

0 Cheers
Rand
Level 2

I have the same problem.  I ahve been trying off and on for several weeks.  Nothing works.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Try the following:

1. Delete cache, cookies, and history; then

2. Restart PC/device;

3. If problem still persists, try using another browser (after clearing cache, cookies, history and restarting browser); or

4. Try another PC/device

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

In case it still doesn't work, there may be a problem with your return.  You should then send your return to Intuit to have them look at it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
jroberts
Level 2

The fix is to delete the state return then add it back. You will not loose any Information. Not sure why it works but it works. I called support and was able to get someone who helped me through it. He said it is a glitch. 

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Thanks for the update, @jroberts.

For the benefit of others who run into this, just to be clear, I think you meant remove the state return under Profile and add that back immediately.

Is this correct?

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
jroberts
Level 2

Yes. That is correct