Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on E-Signature request?

HRT_ann
Level 2

I'm not able to request an e-Signature from my clients via Pro-Connect.  I have used this feature for a few years, so I'm not sure why I am getting this error in the current year:

"Unable to fetch eSignature data . Please try again later. Contact Customer support if the problem persists."

... I have tried over several days.  Has anyone else had the same problem?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HRT_ann
Level 2

Thanks... but an hour and a half later after there is no solution.  It's hard to have this kind of time sink during tax season.  After an hour and a half, I had to go to the door and meet a client.  I put my partner on and they wanted him to reboot.  He did not.  Wasn't sure if I had critical work open.  They said I would have to call back, which means I'd have to start over with someone else.  A reboot wouldn't have helped.  We tried doing an e-signature request from my partner's computer with the same error message.

Has anyone else encountered this error on an e-file signature request?  Any info is appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
HRT_ann
Level 2

Thanks... but an hour and a half later after there is no solution.  It's hard to have this kind of time sink during tax season.  After an hour and a half, I had to go to the door and meet a client.  I put my partner on and they wanted him to reboot.  He did not.  Wasn't sure if I had critical work open.  They said I would have to call back, which means I'd have to start over with someone else.  A reboot wouldn't have helped.  We tried doing an e-signature request from my partner's computer with the same error message.

Has anyone else encountered this error on an e-file signature request?  Any info is appreciated.

0 Cheers
HRT_ann
Level 2

Problem solved.  Looked at the diagnostics and noticed problems involving "taxeducation.intuit.com".  Eventually I realized that I was using this link to login into to Proconnect:

https://taxeducation.intuit.com/app/protax/sign-in

Which worked fine for everything else I needed to do in Proconnect.

Changed my webiste login link to:

https://ito.intuit.com/app/protax/sign-in

and my e-signature problem disappeared.  Hope this will help someone else!