Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering tax payer efile PIN from 8879 signed

Do I have to enter the efile PIN from the 8879 somewhere on the return before I efile the return?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IntuitKatieB

Hi there @harold-provenboo 

In the 1040 input screen, you can enter the taxpayer's PIN under General > Electronic Filing > e-file Signature Main Form, in the "Paperless Filing Signature Section".

0 Cheers

I don't see where that input box is.

Under Overrides is the only place I see where I would enter it but again it is an override. That implies that I don't have to enter/reenter the computer generated PIN on the 8879 that the taxpayer e-signed.

Do I really have to duplicate what the system already has captured? Is it really a manual entry to make for the e-sign PIN?

Thanks,

0 Cheers
IntuitRebecca

Hi there,

If you're using the computer-generated PIN that ProConnect produced, no. Just check that the signed 8879 you have shows the same taxpayer PIN that you see when you look at the 8879 on Check Return. 

If those PINs are the same, you typically just need to enter the "Taxpayer's signature date" on General > Electronic Filing > e-file PDF/Miscellaneous. A diagnostic should generate reminding you to enter the date, too.

0 Cheers