Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Payment Processing for Extension / Balance Due with Return (1040)

tccpg289
Level 4

I am processing an extension for a 1040 and curious what assurance / review / verification I can get beforehand related to if any amounts are being withdrawn from a bank account as payment with the extension.

I want to essentially see / confirm / verify what amounts are going to be withdrawn and from what bank account.

Other than reviewing the direct deposit screen, is there another section in the return that confirms the amount and from what accounts it will be withdrawn? Just don't want any unnecessary transactions prior to filing.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
dkh
Level 15

Use IRS Direct Pay -  you will be able to see / confirm / verify what amounts are going to withdraw and from what bank account  AND you'll be able to print a confirmation receipt

tccpg289
Level 4

So in other words, ProConnect doesn't do what I am looking for

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I don't use ProConnect, so I don't know.   I use PS Professional. I can only see what's entered on the Information Worksheet - date to withdraw and account.  Only proof is the efile acknowledgement.    I like IRS Direct Pay because I get a confirmation.  

0 Cheers