Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-file confirmation letter

noemibookkeeper
Level 3

is there a way to email the e-file confirmation letter to clients directly from proconnect?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
newuser
Level 1

I had the same questions. However, here is how I got it done. First, the Return Actions option is correct for accessing the confirmation letter. Then it is necessary to save to local folder, i.e "2023 efile cofirmations". The you have to go to clients and select the client email. (At tat point it took quite a bit of setup to get your email onto outlook) Once the new emial pops up, your email should be populated along with the email destination for the client. Then in the subject line I put "2023 e-file confirmation notice. The choose the "Insert" option at the top, the drop down option should be "search computer" and find the local drive where you saved the letter and select "open". At that point all you have to do is choose your signature option and send.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

Only through link.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
noemibookkeeper
Level 3

How so?  If I try to create a new request the client name is greyed out because the link has already been done.  and there is no option under the "Actions" pull-down menu to send the e-file confirmation letter.  can you please explain?  Thank you.

0 Cheers
newuser
Level 1

I had the same questions. However, here is how I got it done. First, the Return Actions option is correct for accessing the confirmation letter. Then it is necessary to save to local folder, i.e "2023 efile cofirmations". The you have to go to clients and select the client email. (At tat point it took quite a bit of setup to get your email onto outlook) Once the new emial pops up, your email should be populated along with the email destination for the client. Then in the subject line I put "2023 e-file confirmation notice. The choose the "Insert" option at the top, the drop down option should be "search computer" and find the local drive where you saved the letter and select "open". At that point all you have to do is choose your signature option and send.

Hope that helps.

noemibookkeeper
Level 3

Thank you so much for the details, this does help!

0 Cheers