Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document folders question

dc-cpa
Level 2

Regarding creating document folders.

Is there a way to create a template of your folder structure so that you can use it on every client?

I notice that there is a copy command but I can't get that to work.

Also, do the folders roll forward to the following year?

Thanks for your help.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

@dc-cpa Your question tells me you're not really using ProConnect Tax Online but another Intuit tax software because ProConnect does not have any folders.

Suggest you tag your question to the correct product so that someone who uses your product may point you in the right direction.

If you do use ProConnect, please clarify what exactly you are looking for.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
dc-cpa
Level 2

Yes I am using ProConnect Tax Online.

If you open a client through the Clients tab and then go to the Documents tab, it gives you the ability to create folders to organize your documents.

I have created 6 folders under one client and was looking for a way to copy those to other clients. The copy function is not working for me.

This is documented in Help.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Got you!  Don't believe the functionality is there.

Unless I'm mistaken, you are attempting to use this feature as your DMS.  If so, I would be very cautious and probably look for other options over which you have more control.

Whatever is in ProConnect is not permanent.  Intuit has demonstrated in the past that they could and would delete files as and when they see fit with short notice.

If this is to happen again, you will incur a lot of time downloading, organizing, and indexing these files you maintain in these folders.  And there is no easy way to download or dump these files from ProConnect, AFAIK.

If you will have to download these again for your records either when you switch tax software or when Intuit removes access to some or all files at some point, why even bother using it now?

Just my two cents that are not worth the par value...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers