Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deferral of Household Employee Tax Schedule H

AztecTaxDr
Level 1

Taxpayer has COVID-related deferral of SE tax for self-employment income but does not wish to defer Schedule H taxes.  Input screen on Schedule SE links Schedule SE and H so cannot provide -1 entry; however, Schedule H does provide override field for portion of employer social security tax attributable to 3/27/20 - 12/31/20.  When I use $0 in this override it has no effect.  When I use $1 is limits the deferral to $1.  I need to limit the deferral to $0.  I have tried various combinations of the override question on Schedule SE "Amount of Schedule SE or H taxes to defer to 12/31/21 or 12/31/22" with no success.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

What you see on Sch H and page 2 of Sch SE are only amounts that may be deferred.  You'll see that these amounts don't go anywhere on the return, when these should flow to Sch 3 (if deferral is elected).

If your client would like to defer these payroll taxes, you need to make the input under Taxes > Other Taxes > Self-Employment Tax (Schedule SE) and check the box for Elect to defer maximum allowed amount of Schedule SE or H taxes to 12/31/21 or 12/31/22.

You may like to refer to this other discussion for a more in-depth explanation:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-discussions/discussion/deferral-of-self-emplo...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers