Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert 2019 or 2020 Proseries file to ProConnect

kbacctg
Level 3

I am transitioning a client to another CPA.  I use Proseries, and the new CPA uses ProConnect.  Neither Proconnect support or Proseries support can seem to give us correct instructions. Nothing has worked and we have together spent over 3 hours with support

I prepared the 2019 return.  I would like to give this file to the new CPA.  This way she can compare the printed copy of the filed return to what she sees in Proconnect and can fix any conversion errors or omissions before she transitions the file to 2020.

Can this be done??  And if so how??  If it cannot can it be done with a 2020 file and if so, what are the steps?  The instructions I have found in help make no sense.  They all seem to be for someone who is moving from proseries to proconnect within their own organization, not for transitioning a file to someone else.

Thanks

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

Conversion to ProConnect Tax only proforma prior year data to the current year return.  I think the problem is that you and the other accountant are hoping it would create a 2019 return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers