Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client W-2 not reporting Locality Name in Box 20, none entered in ProConnect. Receiving Critical Diagnostic message even after entering a city.

T-Town-CPA
Level 4
Entered city name and clicked refresh, but the critical diagnostic remains.  How do I clear this?

Second question, this is my first client return on ProConnect, after I purchase the return, can I save the return as a .pdf document?

Thank you in advance.
0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

1. Did you add the city to the state in the PROFILE screen?

2. Print in ProConnect means "create a pdf and then print"  You should always save an offline backup of any return that is final and has been filed. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
T-Town-CPA
Level 4

Thank you for your response.  Working on this return this weekend, I do not see how to add the locality for the state return.  Client is a Tennessee taxpayer and as you know Tennessee does not have a state income tax.

I added Tennessee to his profile, but it only added the Tennessee Franchise tax.

What am I missing?  I don't see where to add the locality to make the Critical warning go away.

Thank you in advance,

Tom

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Did you  make a W-2 entry for box 18 or 19?

There are two entry points-One in line with all the W2 line and another lower down for Electronic Filing. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers