Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Link Login Issue -- different phone number listed

HighCountryTax
Level 1

I'm working with a new client & I sent the Intuit Link this week. In my ProConnect software, in the client info section, I have the client's correct mobile number listed & email address listed. When the client logs into the account, the Intuit page gives her the option to "text a code to..." a mobile number. The mobile number listed is her deceased husband's mobile number, and that number has been deactivated. I don't have her deceased husband's mobile number listed anywhere in my ProConnect account. Is it possible the email address my client is using, is somehow pulling info from a location besides my ProConnect account? Any idea how I can resolve this matter? Thanks.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

You can't on your end.  What may not be clear is that your clients' accounts are not managed by you.  What Inuit Link does is to provide a portal that you can connect your service to your clients' own Intuit accounts (which is the same across all Intuit products) - importantly, by email address.

Once you send an invitation to your client, your client will then sign in to accept that connection to your account.  In the event your client already has an Intuit account, none of the account or security settings in his/her Intuit can or will be altered by what you entered in ProConnect Tax.  If your client lost his/her access to the mechanism for 2FA, such as mobility phone number in your case, your client will need to go through the normal process for recovering his/her account.  In the event your client is not able to recover the account, he/she will need to contact Intuit Support directly.

If all else fail, you can use a new email address and send a new invitation, so that you client can set up a brand new Intuit account.  But your client will not have access to data in his/her other Intuit account through this new account.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
itonewbie
Level 15

You can't on your end.  What may not be clear is that your clients' accounts are not managed by you.  What Inuit Link does is to provide a portal that you can connect your service to your clients' own Intuit accounts (which is the same across all Intuit products) - importantly, by email address.

Once you send an invitation to your client, your client will then sign in to accept that connection to your account.  In the event your client already has an Intuit account, none of the account or security settings in his/her Intuit can or will be altered by what you entered in ProConnect Tax.  If your client lost his/her access to the mechanism for 2FA, such as mobility phone number in your case, your client will need to go through the normal process for recovering his/her account.  In the event your client is not able to recover the account, he/she will need to contact Intuit Support directly.

If all else fail, you can use a new email address and send a new invitation, so that you client can set up a brand new Intuit account.  But your client will not have access to data in his/her other Intuit account through this new account.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

@itonewbie 

Hi Jensen.

Nice to "see you". Hope all is well.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I thought I felt a disturbance in the Force 😀

Nice to see you Obi Wan!

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

@sjrcpa @IRonMaN Good to "see" you guys again too 😊

First day back for a while and it wasn't a good start - lots of problem logging in this morning for the readiness conference, just to find out what's new in ProConnect Tax.

Turns out tons of people had the same problem because you need a different hyperlink than the one provided with the registration and various security settings have to be turned off.  I suppose the idiom "silence is golden" has stood the test of time and you can't blame Intuit for sticking by that /s.

Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Yipeeeeeeeeeeee !

Jensen be back.  You've been missed.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

Hey, Anna, glad to be back. 😊

Still an AllStar
Abueno
Level 1

Hello, 

What if the client logged in to the Intuit Invitation with a different email address than the one we have on file ? Can the client update the email address on their end when logged in? 

0 Cheers