Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use expense that incurred in 2018 for 2019 tax return? LLC single member in TX, will file on Schedule C.

BeckyTX
Level 1

LLC single member incorporated in August,2018 and had some expenses. But business actually opens next month. There is no business income or personal income. Should I file tax this year for client? If I don't file, can we use these expenses in 2019 tax return? 

Thanks alot. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Except for depreciable assets, expenses incurred before the business opens are generally "Startup Costs" that start once the business is actually open.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
When you say "incorporated", do you mean they FORMED the LLC, and that is the expense that you are talking about?  A LLC is not "incorporated" (which is for "corporations")?
0 Cheers
BeckyTX
Level 1
Yes, Formed the LLC. And the expenses are for legal fee, Cars, software.
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Except for depreciable assets, expenses incurred before the business opens are generally "Startup Costs" that start once the business is actually open.
0 Cheers
beckynguyentx
Level 3
THANK YOU,
0 Cheers