Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a CA Form 568 marked as final without the 1065 being final?

KJones
Level 2
We have a Texas LLC that sold its CA property and will not longer being doing business in CA.  I marked the Final box in CA Miscellaneous Information but the CA Form 568 does not show as final unless I mark the 1065 as final also.
0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

State & Local > CA Miscellaneous > Final return 1=yes, 2=no [Override] Enter a 1

Also FYI:

Q. Cancelling a Limited Liability Company

In general, LLCs are required to pay the $800 annual tax and file a California return until the appropriate papers are filed. In order to cancel an LLC, the following steps must be taken:

1. File a timely final California return (Form 568) with the FTB and pay the $800 annual tax for the taxable year of the final return.
  2. File Form LLC-4/7, Certificate of Cancellation, with the California SOS. The California SOS also requires a domestic LLC to file Form LLC-3, Certificate of Dissolution. Contact the California SOS for more details.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
KJones
Level 2

I entered a 1 in the box you are referencing but the Final Return box on the Form 568 is not checked.  There must be bug in the software.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Contact support ProConnect Tax Support

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns