Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i E-file a tax return including the 1042-S form in Proconnect?

New-to-QB
Level 2
it is giving me this message 
"Form 1042-S is not supported in the e-file of Form 1040. This return must be filed on paper."

Under 1040-S form , i get this note "

NOTE: Total withholding credit (box 10 below) entered in this input section is carried to the main form. It is placed in the e-file of Form 1040NR, however, Form 1040 cannot be e-filed when Total withholding credit is present. Withholding should not be duplicated in any other input screen. Income amounts however, do not carry to the tax return and must also be entered in the respective input screen to which the income applies (Schedule NEC for example).
0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Intuit_RSTaxMan
Employee
Employee

Hello,

At this time, only 1040-NR will support 1042-S. We do not support RRB and SSA 1042-S in 1040. 

0 Cheers
EMM
Level 2

Can we e-file a 1040NR with Form 1042-s? How can we do it in proseries? I enter the information correctly and attach it to the 1040NR for e-filing purposes but it is rejected. Is there any workarounds? Thank you  I do have several cases with this scenario. PLEASE HELP!

0 Cheers