Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk depreciation gives error - sent to form or schedule deleted this year

DSM
Level 1
It shows as a critical error (using bulk depreciation for property sale with associated assets).
0 Cheers
13 Comments 13
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Code each of the assets to Form 4562 Only, not to the deleted schedule. It has nothing to do with the bulk sale, just with the deleted schedule.

abctax55
Level 15

Does PTO have the same "1" = delete this year, and "2" delete for next year? (Lacerte, PTO's big sister does 😉

If so, did you mark the Sch C/E/F related to the assets as "delete for this year."?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
DSM
Level 1

The sale of property & dep assets is for a rental property used in business

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

What is the error? Does it have to do with depreciation methods used? Is it a critical efile error? You may be able to just ignore the error and efile. If you can't give a full description of the error we (other users) can not help you.

Contact Support EITHER https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proconnect-tax-news-updates/discussion/proconnect-tax-assist... OR https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-settings/contact-proconnect-...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
DSM
Level 1

Sale of rental property w/1031 - property and assets on form Schedule E - depreciation assets gives a critical diagnosis Depreciation asset # Sent to form or schedule deleted this year US Ref #2025020

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

As I previously asked.... DO you have the Schedule E marked as "delete THIS year"

If so, don't do that.  Delete it for NEXT year.

( Generic Comment )"
DSM
Level 1

Delete Next Year still gives the error - it only wants to be deleted this year. I tried to take off the disposition information entered for the sale and it still gives the same error. it almost feels that I need to delete the asset and rebook again.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

The 'delete for this year" I am asking about is the ACTUAL Schedule E, NOT the asset being sold.

( Generic Comment )"
DSM
Level 1

DELETE FOR THIS YEAR error is on the asset being sold from SCHEDULE E and on the associated assets  (impovements, equipment) linked with the property being sold

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I give...buh bye

( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

Change DELETE FOR THIS YEAR to DELETE FOR NEXT YEAR. 

Ya can't sell stuff that aint' there any more!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
George4Tacks
Level 15
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@George4Tacks   Hope s/he can 'hear' you  😉

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers