Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As of now I'm still not able to E-file

New-to-QB
Level 2

I'm trying to Eifile since the IRS started accepting returns today, but i'm getting this error message regarding 2022 return "

E-file Transmission Failure

The IRS and states have temporarily stopped accepting transmissions of TY22 Individual e-file returns. The IRS and states will not accept transmissions of 2022 Individual e-file submissions until January 2024. When the IRS and states open for e-file processing, you can once again resume transmitting TY22 e-file submissions. Problem occurred transmitting efile data.

and this Error message regarding 2023 Returns :

E-file Transmission Failure

The Electronic Filing Center is not yet accepting returns for tax year 2023. For the most current information and e-file availability, please visit //accountants.intuit.com/support/ select the link for ProConnect Tax Online support and then the link for EF Atlas under e-File Resources. Problem occurred transmitting efile data.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

Maybe the IRS has a status page for e-file.

Filing season start dates:

Business tax returns: 9 a.m. Eastern time, January 16, 2024

Individual tax returns: 9 a.m. Eastern time, January 29, 2024

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Judy A
Level 3

Me too.  My 2021, 2022 is responding the same way.  My 2023 still has numerous forms as "not finalized".  Even though they are final.  Yes, I keep running updates.  Yes, I have rebooted.  It is Juan 29, 2024 6:50am CT.  I've been working on this since 6:00am.

Judy A
Level 3

lol... Jan 29..

IRonMaN
Level 15

And what time does Intuit start transmitting? These questions seem to happen every year because folks seem to have calendars but not watches.

Slava Ukraini!
New-to-QB
Level 2

When can I e-file 2023 returns?

Return typeIRS opensIntuit opens
Business1/16/24 6 AM1/16/24 6 AM
Individual (1040)1/29/24 6 AM1/29/24 6 AM

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

What time zone is that?  You have to read the fine print

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

Maybe the IRS has a status page for e-file.

Filing season start dates:

Business tax returns: 9 a.m. Eastern time, January 16, 2024

Individual tax returns: 9 a.m. Eastern time, January 29, 2024

Rosie E
Level 1

I am having the same issue, access its is a diagnostic issues, no errors are in my tax returns. 

0 Cheers
kzollo
Level 2

I am a CA tax preparer and I am getting a message that I have errors in 2023 tax year but no errors on federal or state returns. I check my PTIN in acount information but still unable to file. Anyone else have this with 2023 in CA?

0 Cheers
Judy A
Level 3

Try this fix.

So Go to Tools Hub

Click Update Issues

choose correct year

Click Repair Updates

run this and then my updates started adding......good luck

0 Cheers
Rosie E
Level 1

Fixed. Just had to verify my PTin. easy fix Tool -> Options->Firm/Preparer info..click the pink box!

0 Cheers