Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amending an amended return .

K_Gibbs
Level 2

I need to figure out how I can amend a 2023 return that I just amended. I prepared the original return, amended it and now need to amend it again.

Not sure if this can be done, but if it can, I would certainly like to know and would be super appreciative!

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

Maybe you and/or your client ought to slow down. It's only May 1 and there will be a second amendment?

Yes it can be done. The Original or as Previously Adjusted Column will be the amounts from the first amended return,

Ex-AllStar
K_Gibbs
Level 2

Thank you for your response and for jumping to conclusions. This problem actually lies at the feet of a trust attorney. I ended up figuring it out myself. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I hate to jump to conclusions so I'm curious if you figured it out before or after Susan told you how to do it.

Slava Ukraini!
K_Gibbs
Level 2

Honestly, I cracked down and figured it out myself shortly after posting this. Me posting this was a backup in case I would've been able to. I've been viewing this forum for yearsssssssssss and love it, it's extremely informative and so glad there's a place like this for professionals.