Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALABAMA DEPT IF REVENUE STATES THAT THE MINIMUM CHARGE FOR THE PPT FORM IS $100.00. SYSTEM IS SHOWING $50.00

tsr35555
Level 1

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Channell6
Level 2

This is from ADOR website

"Minimum privilege tax is $100; plus the $10 Secretary of State annual report fee for corporations.  For the taxable year beginning after December 31, 2022, taxpayers who would otherwise be subject to the minimum tax due of $100 shall pay $50 in lieu thereof."

Business Privilege Tax - Alabama Department of Revenue

I hope this helps.

0 Cheers
EmilyTax
Level 2

We have received our first notice saying that it should have been $ 100 / 110 from the state of Alabama. After reading through it again it says "Taxable year beginning after December 31, 2022".

Should this have started next year instead? The taxable year 2023 PPT with a determination period ending December 31 2022.

If so, this is going to be horrible. I am looking at a lot of penalties and interest to be paid.

0 Cheers
Channell6
Level 2

I have not had a problem yet. I checked two of mine and just filed one via the MAT system.

0 Cheers
EmilyTax
Level 2

Thats good to know. I have no problem arguing with the state, so I will see what they say. Hopefully this is just an oversight on their part. It wouldn't be the first time. 🙂

0 Cheers
Channell6
Level 2

No doubt. I know they had problems with the system generating balance dues on their MAT accounts when extensions were made (showing late) but they corrected it. Are you able to see their account on the MAT website? 

0 Cheers