Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alabama and Federal Retirement is not taxable on the Alabama Return. How do I enter those so they are not taxable on Alabama tax return?

Level 1
Labels (1)
2 Replies 2
Level 3

Under the input for the specific pension 1099-R scroll to State and Local input section. Under state taxable amount, if different put -1. Makes entire amount non taxable to state. Don't forget to list the details as non taxable on the state and local input section (state and local, Alabama other, sources of federal income not reported on Alabama return).

Level 2

Thanks Bert!

0 Cheers