Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proseries prior year client transfer issues

TimRote
Level 2

I transferred my client files from the prior year to the 2023 program. When I did, six new profiles were created and or transferred, all of them network engineers with an @proseries.com email address. Anyone else have that problem and is this an indication of a data breach or of some other serious and confidential data disclosure issue?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

I recall seeing a post with same/similar issue. You might be able to find by doing a search.   I don't remember what the outcome was.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I think there were two stories floating around at different times.  In one case, the files showing up were sample files to play around with.  The other one was supposedly caused by someone contacting Intuit support at different times and the files were remnants of support people playing around with the software while they were trying to fix that customer's problems.

Slava Ukraini!
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I only transfer clients one at a time when they go on my schedule. I believe most Proseries users do that

IRonMaN
Level 15

I transfer them all at one time so that nobody falls through the cracks

Slava Ukraini!