Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion poll on the new entry screen

George4Tacks
Level 15

I know there have been problems with users selecting the proper software. Is this the solution?

There is the OLD entry screen

old.jpg

and here is the NEW entry screen.

new.jpg

Only time will tell, but what do you think?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

"Only time will tell, but what do you think?"

It's stupid.  I still have times when there is no response from the system when I try to post, but instead of figuring that out they took the time to add fancy new pictures.  Besides, if they want pictures that people will identify quickly, the Lacerte symbol should be a -1.  Based on the number of times that visitors refer to Turbotax when they are actually using ProSeries, the turd emoji would be more fitting for ProSeries.  As to ProConnect, since it is the online version, I guess the current picture of a jacket hanging out on a clothes line is ok.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

I know.  This morning, when there was little traffic, when the US folks were fast asleep, it just changed in a flick.  I had to do a double take.  Had no idea what those symbols were.  Then, I look at another screen I had open on my phone, which still had not been refreshed, and noticed in the corners of those old phantom software boxes that those symbols were right there!

Can't see why they would want to change them.  These symbols don't bear any resemblance, howsoever, to the products they represent.  It is counterintuitive that they would rather have these replace the well-established brands tax pros recognize - whose marketing idea is that?

Sounds like someone was asked to deliver on something and they came up with this merely for the sake of putting that on the year-end review as an accomplishment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

And it's not as if they want to focus on the Products at all. Look at how small the text is, compared to a fancy initial or icon/symbol. It reminds me of a QB class I was teaching, and I was explaining some workflow on the large screen, and one of my students stated, "I have a language. It's English, not Icon."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.