Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Letter

James214
Level 1

I received an IRS letter looking for income not reported from a 1099 in 2018.  The 1099 was made to my name not my corporation name.  The money was report on an 1120 return in 2018.  The 1099 was supposed to be corrected.

What is the easiest way to handle this.  Do I send back the letter with the explanation and attach the corporation return to prove the money was reported?  Any thoughts would be helpful.  

James Cavalaris

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
BobKamman
Level 15

Isn't it reassuring to know that in these trying times, with millions of 2019 returns not yet processed, IRS is still staying afloat with its CP-2000 operation to pester taxpayers and practitioners during tax season with notices generated by archaic computers?  Yes, I would send them a couple paragraphs explaining that it was reported on a corporation return.  I wouldn't send the complete 1120, maybe just the first page.  If your request to the payer for a corrected 1099 was made in writing, send a copy of that also.  If it wasn't, now you know for next time.