Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WILL QBI from an S corporation pass through to the K-1 for a trust?

bhorjus
Level 2

Trying to get the QBI to the beneficiary's of the trust.  K-1 input data is correct from S Corp in fiduciary module

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe. I tried a test input from Screen 20, with Gross income and entries for Line 20. You may need just the right mix of General Information to get it to flow through correctly. In my quick try, I was not successful.

It appears you want it on line 14i of the k-1. This early in the game you may have to do the input as an override. Screen 43 > Other Information (14). I do not like overrides.  It would probably be best to contact support. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe. I tried a test input from Screen 20, with Gross income and entries for Line 20. You may need just the right mix of General Information to get it to flow through correctly. In my quick try, I was not successful.

It appears you want it on line 14i of the k-1. This early in the game you may have to do the input as an override. Screen 43 > Other Information (14). I do not like overrides.  It would probably be best to contact support. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers