Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the import file password protected and can we remove it?

eav
Level 1

The import file is password protected and we don't know what the password is.  I keep looking for a setting to change but I'm having no luck.

EAV15

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
George4Tacks
Level 15

Click the removing for Lacerte https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/accounting/help/remove-a-forgotten-client-password-in-lacert...

1. Sign in to My Account.
  2. Under the Helpful Resources menu, Select Client Password Unlock.
  3. From the Program: dropdown menu, select DMS.
  4. In the Path field, enter your client's folder name. To get your client's folder name:
    1. Open the DNS program.
    2. Under the Clients panel, copy the Display Name of your client (not the Client No.).
      • When entering the Display Name into the Path field, the entry must be exact.
      • For example, if your client's Display Name is Doe, John, enter Doe, John into the Path field.
  5. You'll see a temporary code generate to unlock your client file. 
    • Keep the code on hand, as you'll need to enter it in the Forgot Password window.
    • The code will expire at midnight the day it generates.
  6. In the DMS program, select the client's folder in the Display Name column under the Clients section.
  7. Select the Forgot Password link.
  8. Enter the code generated from the My Account Client Password Unlock utility into the Password Override field and select OK.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers