Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has Lacerte set Oklahoma 511 as 'e-file only' and will not even print a file copy?

Rick73018
Level 1

Fed up with Lacerte today.  Third year in a row Lacerte has serious glitches in Oklahoma reporting.  This year (2023 returns) the Oklahoma form 511 is watermarked as 'e-file only' and will NOT print to paper or pdf.  

Phoned Lacerte three times.  All I get is incompetency with Lacerte telling me it is e-file only.  Even if that were true, which it is not, why would we be banned from having a paper copy for our file?

Note OK 511 has signature lines and mailing instructions on page 3.  The Oklahoma Tax Authority instructions have mailing instructions.  In no place does it state this form cannot be paper-filed.

The client must receive a copy.  This form in pdf is blank.  Printed it is blank.  I am thinking Lacerte's team members for Oklahoma are blank as well.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

They haven't gotten OTC approval yet for the paper form. They have gotten OTC approval already for the e-file format. Just wait patiently for all the approvals to come through.

Rick73018
Level 1

Pro Series will print the 511.  Intuit software as well.

Paper-filing a 511 is one thing.  Being able to print the 511 for our files is another.  I have no more patience.  We will be switching software for the 2024 tax year filing season next year.  

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Update's there now!