Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Form 8283 say "under development"?

EarlineLaBuy
Level 3

Form 8283 in Lacerte diagnostics says "under development" and won't print with the return. Does anyone know when this will be available or know what is going on?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

Mine doesn't have that; make sure the software is up-to-date.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
GIP - OG
Level 2

I have 50 completed S corp returns with that form, so we're sitting in a waiting pattern on all of those clients - S corp and personal. Spoke to Lacerte last week and they told us the same as the website - it'll be released when it's released. I'm not sure how the S corp Form 8283 is any different than the individual 8283, which was released in the end of January by the IRS. 

Message me if you get any movement! 🙂

0 Cheers
tikiman747
Level 1

Curious if anyone has an update, or if someone at Intuit can chime in. 

We have the same issue, the revised 8283 forms have been released since January 27, 2024 per the IRS. I have contacted Lacerte Support who give no additional information beyond the information found in the tax form availability tool. Of particular concern is why the form shows available for e-file in ProSeries, but Lacerte and ProConnect show that the forms are not available. This question seems to be popping up within the "community" forums and no one has been able to give an answer. Its even more frustrating that the form is the same for the individual module and that is e-filing just fine.

as of 3/7/2024, I have been unable to get an answer from anyone as to why its not available, if they are currently working on it or if it will be available prior to the 15th. 

0 Cheers