Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to input the 2021 PTE payment for S corporations (California)

Diamond
Level 1

Where is the best place to enter the 2021 PTE payment amount, for S corporations, so they show up as a deduction for Fed but not State?  

I am thinking that the best place to enter it would be input screen 15 "Ordinary Deductions" on the line State Tax, but others at my firm feel that line should be designated for only the tax expense for the entity, not the PTE.  

Any feedback would be appreciated.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

I do not believe the program is ready for prime time yet. Maybe in next week's update. Similar discussion over at https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/ca-ab150-where-to-post-pa...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
tahlstrom
Level 2

The payment is calculated automatically by checking the box in Screen 42 Miscellaneous.  There is also a box in Screen 48 Taxes if you made a prepayment.

0 Cheers
Diamond
Level 1

I have done that, but neither of those flow to a deduction on the Federal Form.  

0 Cheers
tahlstrom
Level 2

If your client prepaid the state tax then I bet it's a manual input to state tax on deductions and a manual input to the M-1 Schedule, at least for now.  Out of curiosity, are you showing this as an S distribution?

0 Cheers