Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where & how to report a transfer of income from checking to savings form 990-EZ

Nicolas2008
Level 2

Non- Profit reports the transfer as an expense.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Then the non-profit is reporting it wrong.  A transfer between bank accounts isn't an income or expense item.  

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Then the non-profit is reporting it wrong.  A transfer between bank accounts isn't an income or expense item.  

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

What's "Non- Profit?" A business that makes no money and is going broke! Ha ha ha.

I think you mean Not For Profit entity. What matters is the type of entity and its accounting standards requirement and why the funds were moved.

You might treat it as Expense for the financials is if you also are treating it differently for Fund accounting. Example: Your General Fund transfers as Expense an amount to be held for Restricted Programs, so this would be a type of General Fund expense. A town has to do something similar, such as General Funds transfer is used to buy Road Department equipment.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Nicolas2008
Level 2

Thank you!  I appreciate your time.

Nicolas2008
Level 2

Thank you for correction, i.e., Not For Profit!  I appreciate the accounting lesson. Giving the example is helpful.