Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you enter the employer contribution for an individual 401 (k) for a self-employed taxpayer?

Dodgerfan
Level 3

My client is a self-employed taxpayer with a schedule C. He has an individual 401 (k) that allows both elective employee deferrals and employer profit sharing contributions. The taxpayer made a $2,000 elective deferral in 2023 and would like to make a 2023 employer contribution in 2024.  The taxpayer also made an allowed $7,500 Roth contribution in 2023.

I entered the $2,000 elective deferral in the "total SE elective deferrals (except Roth) line on Screen 24.

Where do I enter the employer PS contribution?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Screen 24 Code 10 "Profit-Sharing"  If you hit F1 on that field, it will specify that this is the field to use for i401k ER contributions.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Screen 24 Code 10 "Profit-Sharing"  If you hit F1 on that field, it will specify that this is the field to use for i401k ER contributions.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*