Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will 2024 Texas franchise tax e-filing be available?

davidsteve
Level 3

When will 2024 Texas franchise tax e-filing be available?

There is only a TBA on the page, but i need to advise our clients about what day. 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Intuit_Kallana
Employee
Employee

Texas Franchise E-file is Live now.  You may have to run the latest update if you receive an error on the forms.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
19 Comments 19
AndresVTB
Level 4

Yeah, same here. Tried looking on the TX franchise tax website but no dice.

Davidosteve
Level 1

I know, and no word on anything 

mikeburg
Level 2

How difficult is it to program a No Tax Due texas franchise tax form?

I don't understand why not Lacerte not have it out yet.  Is it because

it is not due until May 15th instead of April 15th?

yoyo
Level 3

In years past Lacerte is usually waiting for Texas to open up their online filing website and then get approved for e-filing. It's been the same return for years and super simple but is always one of the last states to approve. I called a couple times in years past and the agents reply "you realize it isn't due until May correct?". To which i reply - you just don't get it do you - we want to press a button and the federal and state gets filed at the same time and move on and not have to remember to go back and file the &^%$ Texas return. This year TX changed things so there no longer a "no tax due" - you don't file a TFT return if under the threshold - but you still have to file the Public Information Report - so absolutely nothing was accomplished in my mind and they just made it more confusing - but probably the reason for the longer delay.

Rant over.

GIP - OG
Level 2

Rant approved!

davidsteve
Level 3

approved as well. 

Rachel in Texas
Level 2

Texas has had it opened for filing on their website for over a week now.  Why is Lacerte not opened for filing yet.  It's easier this year.  I agree with above person.  We want to file these business returns at the same as the federal.  Get up to date Lacerte.

scotthappytax
Level 1

100% agree. It is the same idiocy every year and costs our firm a lot of time and money to file inefficiently by coming back after the deadline ( March15th) and track down all Texas franchises that didn't get filed with the entity returns. There is absolutely nothing to the Texas Franchise Return.

Aggiemom1948
Level 2

Effective with this year there is no longer a No Tax Due report.  However, the Public Information Report must still be filed.

CartmellCPA
Level 2

I couldnt agree with this rant MORE.  For what we pay for this software, this is ridiculous.   We have enough stress without having this added layer of stuff to circle back to.

I have used Lacerte for over 25 years but their product and service have really gone downhill.

sewcpa
Level 5

I just completed Franchise tax forms directly on TX Comptroller website for a company that is closing (need the Tax Clearance Letter.

What was surprising was that their website insisted on my filing a Franchise Tax (used the EZform) before I could get the Clearance Letter even when we are told that only the Public Info Page would be needed for nearly all of our clients. So we need to watch how TX Comptroller records that are clients have complied when the No Tax Due no longer exists.

0 Cheers
davidsteve
Level 3

this is a nightmare to be doing this online for 500+ clients we have. I hope Lacerte gets their sH%^& together and let us file soon. 

0 Cheers
Intuit_Kallana
Employee
Employee

Texas Franchise E-file is Live now.  You may have to run the latest update if you receive an error on the forms.

0 Cheers
davidsteve
Level 3

Lies, 

There is no update and no option to e-file it as well. Transmission failed 

0 Cheers
CartmellCPA
Level 2

We transmitted quite a few today - proablaby half rejected... will deal with them after 3/15. 

It shouldn't be this difficult.    And I should NOT have to resort to manually filing these **bleep** returns on the state's website when the software I pay $20K+ per year for is supposed to do them.

0 Cheers
shannondb
Level 1

The lone one I tried today rejected due to Webfile number mismatch... but it matches...

0 Cheers
UnityJim
Level 3

The update menu says 3/22/2024.  

Why does an employee say it is live today.

It isn't and there is no update available.  

0 Cheers
dmwBH
Level 2

After the update there is a critical diagnostic to not include the affiliate schedule (form 05-166) if revenue is under 2.47M.  Every one of these returns does NOT include form 05-166 and is not part of a combined group now or in the past.  Why are we getting this diagnostic?  We are getting it on returns over the 2.47M limit too.  A couple other users have posted about this error as well.

0 Cheers
ChrisW
Level 2

I have updated and I am still getting rejected (as of 10:30 AM CST.  Please let us know when we can e-file these.

0 Cheers