Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with Lacerte's Client Letter this year?

maughact
Level 4

It's March 1st and the client letter is Lacerte has yet to be corrected.  I have never had this issue in the past.  When we over ride the payment date to IRS for a date before 4/15/24, the letter still states 4/15/24.  This is unacceptable and not sure why it's happening with no issues in the past. The over ride for the state is working fine so what's the deal?  I have called Lacerte several times about this issue.  It's very annoying.

5 Comments 5
Anne-Arrcpa
Level 1

I'm dealing with the same thing and am on the phone with Lacerte right now. If I get answers I'll let you know.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Why don't you just use the Custom Letter and Edit?

I would not waste my valuable time with Support over this.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
maughact
Level 4

I've called them 3 times about it.  Good luck.

0 Cheers
maughact
Level 4

I know the work around, but it's still unacceptable.

0 Cheers
angela2122
Level 1

Hi! We actually just had the same issue and it took me calling Lacerte to get to someone who was able to help.  Here's what we did.

First, check to see what client letter template you are using: Settings, option, setup.  The default letter folder is the item you need to take note of.  (Ours says 1)

Then, you need to adjust something on the actual client letter settings.
1. Settings, client letter, select the tab that matches what your "default letter folder" says
2. Expand the "main letter body" section under the standard folder
3. Select the Federal Electronic Payment EF Only Option
4. It should say "The balance due will be directly withdrawn from your bank account on [FDDO]." 
***We had to add the O, then it worked!

Hopefully this is what you all were looking for!