Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the deal with MA Form 2?

Mmaloney
Level 1

As I am posting this it is 2/27/24 and we don't even have a useable form for MA Fiduciary returns.  The Massachusetts Form 2 still shows "This form is not available for this release" and the returns are due in just about 2 weeks!  The Lacerte Forms Finder page just says that the form is usually released within 15 days of the final form.  I emailed Lacerte and the response I received was "At this time the there is no release date for Form 2. Intuit is currently working with the State agency to update our program with the newest version of the form once it has been officially released by the state. "

Does anyone know what the deal is here?  Does anyone have any insight as to when this will be released?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Hodge
Level 1

We have called 4 times, get the same response, form not available.  Unacceptable. 

0 Cheers
DCUS7
Level 2

I have also called multiple times about this issue.  The first rep told me to check the updates during the week (that was last week) - but no update.  The second rep told me it was an issue with the MDOR and I needed to contact them to find out why the forms were being held up.  I called the MDOR - they said they released the new forms in December 2023.  So I called back again and when I told them I had contacted MDOR about this issue and they are NOT the hold up - the rep told me Lacerte is having trouble with the calculations and is working closely with MDOR.  They would not provide a release date.  I asked to speak to a supervisor...was told I would receive a call back within 24 - 48 hrs....we are beyond that timeframe now and I haven't heard a thing.  This is completely unacceptable that they have had this form since December and still don't have it working properly.  But not sure they really care....

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I feel your pain. But FYI - it is not just about when Mass releases the form. The software companies take the final form, do their programming and formatting thing, and Mass has to approve what they've done. That's the hold up.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
DCUS7
Level 2

Yes - thank you.  I understand that the software companies have to submit to MDOR for final approval and it is a back and forth process.  But the form has been available for Lacerte to work on since December.   I also understand that there are many forms that change which need programming and approval and Mass fiduciary is most likely not a top priority for them.   But at least two other tax vendors have already released the program and one released a few weeks ago.  All I ask for is honest communication....is it so difficult for them to be honest about the situation and let their customers know what is going on...especially this far into tax season?  

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

is it so difficult for them to be honest about the situation and let their customers know what is going on...especially this far into tax season? 

Apparently it is.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers