Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the last day to file an amended 2019 tax return since it was extended that year to July 15, 2020?

maughact
Level 4

I have a new client where her prior accountant never took depreciation for her rental since 2005.

I am so busy I don't have time to amend her taxes last 3 years right now.  My question is, is the deadline for 2019 4/18/23 or 7/15/23?  That's the year it was extended by IRS due to Covid.

Can't find an answer.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maughact
Level 4

How does it work? I have never had this problem before.  Is that a difficult form to file? Form 3115.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11
You need a 3115, not amended returns, my friend! The 3115 goes with the 2022 return and catches up on all the missed depreciation.
maughact
Level 4

How does it work? I have never had this problem before.  Is that a difficult form to file? Form 3115.

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

The 3115 has a bunch of sections, but you only need to fill out the ones that apply to you. You should plan to extend this return so you have time to read the forms instructions and figure it out.