Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the critical diagnostic Ref. #38879

heidih
Level 1
I have a critical diagnostic that says "attach sch. K1 to verify each nonresident composite partner withholdings" ref. #38879.  However, when I click on it, it doesn't take me to the state it is referring to.  This return has multiple states, with multiple withholdings.  I need to know what state this diagnostic applies to.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

In the Diagnostics tab, on the left, there's a tree showing Federal and any states with diagnostics. Click on states until you see which one the diagnostic lives under. I agree that the display is lacking.

Or, from the Forms tab, click on Diagnotics (after Tax Summary). There will be a header for each jurisdiction, with its diagnostics below.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

In the Diagnostics tab, on the left, there's a tree showing Federal and any states with diagnostics. Click on states until you see which one the diagnostic lives under. I agree that the display is lacking.

Or, from the Forms tab, click on Diagnotics (after Tax Summary). There will be a header for each jurisdiction, with its diagnostics below.

0 Cheers
heidih
Level 1
You are awesome.  The Diagnostic Filter on the left was an instant fix.  Thank you so much!
0 Cheers