Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what if I did not make the election but Lacert still generates the elections?

zoe
Level 2

I've checked multiple times, I did not make the election but Lacert automatically generates the below 

Election to Not Apply Like-Kind Exchange Regulations

Pursuant to Regulation Section 1.168(i)-6, the Taxpayer hereby elects to not apply the provisions of Regulation Section 1.168(i)-6 for the following property or properties:

How can I delete this?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

Assuming you are working on a 1040, look at Screen 46 > 2nd section is Election to not apply ... you will likely find something checked there. If so, remove the check. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
abctax55
Level 15

And when you are in that screen, switch to batch entry (Ctrl W) to look for anything that's checked.  Things can hide 🙂 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
zoe
Level 2

Thanks. I do as you suggested and find nothing but Lacert still generates the election....

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Assuming you are working on a 1040, look at Screen 46 > 2nd section is Election to not apply ... Check that box. 

Exit the client

Enter the client and see if that same message is there. If so, go to that box in Screen 46 and remove the check box.

Exit the client

Go back into the client and see if the message is still there. If it is, I fear you need to make the dreaded call to support.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers