Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happened to the support at Lacerte???

Ann2
Level 3

What happened to the support: I called five times yesterday to get help and no one could help or even understand what I wanted. I need an acknowledgement on a CA return filed and has been accepted but I have no confirmation!

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

1.  What happened to the support: I called five times yesterday to get help and no one could help or even understand what I wanted.

2.  I need an acknowledgement on a CA return filed and has been accepted but I have no confirmation!

1.  I have seen one too many complaint about Lacerte support.  A Lacerte user for over 30 years, I have called Lacerte support 6 or 7 times this season and every call yielded a positive result.  (Ditto when I use the email function.)  Yes, the wait time is longer than before.  

Perhaps due to the crazy time crunch and last minute changes (remember - the IRS and FTB mush have approved the forms first!), the delays in form availability are frustrating.  I absolutely don't understand the delay for the Form 3915-F by PS while it's been available for  a while for Lacerte.  My officemate uses CCH.  Things are not particularly rosy there either.  Part of this craziness is industry-wide.  However, you have to find a service that fits your practice.

2.  Has the return been e-filed and accepted?  In the main Lacerte menu (where the clients are listed), if you highlight the client and click, on the top bar,

E-File> EFile Reports/Messages>view e-file activity report

it will take you to the report for the client, with the Submission ID (the first five digits of which represent your EFIN number).

I wonder if this what you were asking for. 

I vaguely remember that Lacerte also has letters to clients about the acceptance but I don't use them.  If you're asking for the letter, perhaps other Lacerte-users can chime in.

Hope this helps.  

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
0 Cheers