Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the bridge appointments do?

Sschocket
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

It brings (aka bridges) the appointments from the prior year software into the current year software (say.... 2019 to 2020 Lacerte)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
CtDMonet
Level 1

I tried this, and it seems to have just copied my 2019 appointments (Jan-Dec 2020) to my 2020 calendar on the exact same day they were before (didn't roll them to 2021).  What am I doing wrong?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

You have to manually massage the appointments to increment to the next year; and you do this in the prior year software (2019 in this case) as that is where the organizers are generated.   You then 'bridge' the appointments to the 2020 software so you can follow the appointments during the 2021 filing season as clients/client info arrives.

OR, create the appointments as recurring appointments - those DO increment year by year.  But they (recurring) don't notice that appointments will end up on Saturday & Sunday, so some massaging is still needed.  Unless you do see clients on the weekend.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"