Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know about when the 990-N will become available? I have a very small non-profit that wants to get the 2018 filing done and over with.

luciamerrittcpa
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

According to my software, it's ready to go.  It isn't watermarked as "do not file".

Make sure you've installed the most recent update.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
abctax55
Level 15

According to my software, it's ready to go.  It isn't watermarked as "do not file".

Make sure you've installed the most recent update.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
I tried to file a postcard today (1/21/19) directly through the IRS website (not Lacerte).  I received a message that the service was not open due to lack of appropriations.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
OK...but that's not exactly a software issue.  And has nothing to do with the OP's question as to whether the form is ready.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Thank you for your comment.  You jogged my memory!  The postcard form might be ready to go on a list, but does the list say Lacerte supports that form?  I don't think Lacerte supports that form.  At any rate, it does not show up in the software.  Would love to know what you find on that.  In my case that is fine because it saves me the REP fee.  Filing directly on the IRS website is free.  Here is a link:  https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-profits/annual-electronic-filing-requirement-for-small-exempt-orga...
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
We are on the same version as Anna and have the 990-N available in Lacerte. We go the IRS route for the 990-N's but I know there are Lacerte preparers on here that use it for the 990-N prep.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I'm on V 39.0117 (for Federal)

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers