Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utah PTET (for partnership) - Where do I enter the PTET payment?

Kate100
Level 1

My client made a payment before 12/31/22. I entered the payment on screen 37 "Total taxes paid by paid by PTE", but it is not flowing through to reduce the tax liability on Form TC-65. Is this a software glitch, or am I missing something? 

Thank you in advance. 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CCB
Level 2

Sorry, I did end up finding it on the 1065 return. It's in screen 32.1 at the bottom. They have override boxes where you can override the amount on each person's K-1. It looks like if you override it for one person, you have to override it for everyone and put the -1 in if it was zero paid on their behalf.

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9

I am also looking to see how to allocate the PTE among the partners or shareholders.  Is this available yet?

0 Cheers
CCB
Level 2

It's on one of the more recent releases. They didn't use the box you were referring to and instead created a new area in the S Corps under screen 42 where you have to check the box and then enter the amount paid.

In Partnerships it's under screen 37 and you have to check the box that you made the election to pay tax by PTE for all qualifying partners and then enter the taxes paid by the PTE.

0 Cheers

Thank you.  I have found that area to enter the total.  I am looking for an area to allocate it to the partners.  I know it will follow the income percentages as default, I was hoping to allocate it per my calculations in December.

0 Cheers
CCB
Level 2

Yes, sorry. I was responding to the original poster. I don't think they have programmed that in. I haven't seen it anywhere. I would directly ask them because I am not sure they have thought of that in the programming. The expense is allocable by partner percentages, but the payments don't have to be made by percentages. I agree that it is missing.

0 Cheers
CCB
Level 2

Sorry, I did end up finding it on the 1065 return. It's in screen 32.1 at the bottom. They have override boxes where you can override the amount on each person's K-1. It looks like if you override it for one person, you have to override it for everyone and put the -1 in if it was zero paid on their behalf.

Perfect!  Thanks.

0 Cheers
rwdewey
Level 1

When I input on screen 32.1 under Utah Miscellaneous. The taxes do not flow to the UT K-1 Line 17 like it should. Per the Utah instructions, the PTET paid by the company for each partner should show on the UT K-1 line 17 with code AP. Trying all combinations I am unable to get this to populate. Please confirm if you have been able to get the UT K-1 line 17 to populate correctly.

0 Cheers
CCB
Level 2

Under Utah Miscellaneous it says House Bill 444 for PTE Taxes. Check the box that says "Election made to pay tax by PTE for all qualifying partners." Then put the amount paid in the Total Taxes Paid by PTE. If the box isn't checked, it won't flow correctly.

CCB
Level 2

To clarify, it us under 37.1 to enter the amount for the entity. 32.1 is to specially allocate among all the partners.