Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading transactions into Lacerte to schedule D

RESEA
Level 2

I uploaded about 1400 transactions to schedule D from a CSV file, and form 8949 will not populate although schedule D correctly computes long and short-term capital gain.  Is there a limit on the number of transactions that can be uploaded (CSV file) after which form 8949 will not populate? Lacerte crashes after about two minutes of freeze up. 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

I like the attachment option except when clients have F.1116 and you have to adjust the net for gross income, which requires another round of computation offline.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

In settings, there is a place to "force" F 8949 even if all transactions are covered.

Try that, if you don't already have it marked.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

I like the attachment option except when clients have F.1116 and you have to adjust the net for gross income, which requires another round of computation offline.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
RESEA
Level 2

I did use the attachment option.  Fortunately no gross income adjustment needed on form 1116.

0 Cheers